Our ‘at the doctor’ photo. It’s a tradition. My healthy growing 2 year old girl <3
Being 2 means being curious. Loving Bubble Guppies. A lot.
Loving to cuddle and to read books. Still loves drinking milk warm and now only wants water with a little ‘jooce’ mixed in. Loves her buddy Cove.
Loves putting on shoes (mine and yours). Almost ready for potty training but not quite yet. No more pacis. Knowing how to count to 10 and singing your ABC’s. Still scared of swings and moving objects.
Still love water, seeing it and touching it. Swimming in it- we’re working on. Hates bed time but loves waking up in the morning. Still loves cheese but I can barely get you to eat a blueberry these days. Did I mention you used to eat blueberries by the pound?
Loves to ‘cheese’ for the camera and climb stairs all by yourself. Loves to play on any electric device handy. Loves puzzles. Loves her Daddy and her puppy.
More beautiful today than the day before…
I love you muffins. To the moon and back again…Mommy
2 big milestones this past weekend:
- We are walking…like all the time. Today at Little Gym was the first time W was really able to walk around on her own and explore without clinging to my index finger. It was FANTASTIC. The look on her face too was priceless — maybe a vid to come on that later.
- All of the baby bottles have been put away. It’s only sippy cups for this big girl from now on.
Did I almost cry for a second in the middle of Little Gym today when Waverly let go of my finger and took off on her own? Maybe. I just pretended I had something in my eye. It’s starting to hit me now that she’s a toddler. “Doesn’t life go by in a blink?” (Meet Joe Black)
W was feeling all sorts of grown up this past weekend and started her engines! She’s off…
Doll Face turns 1 - set to the oh-so-cool soundtrack of The Beach Boys. -RW
Today our Waverly baby is One!
Born at 8:02 PM and it was the happiest moment of our lives.
Lots of love and fun today for the birthday girl…
Happy birthday muffins,
I cried like a baby when this happened today which took me totally by surprise.
She’s not a little baby anymore…
We have entered the world of clapping! I have been so excited about this new skill that I’m trying to get her to use it in place of screaming when possible. Like, “Waverly when you want something can you clap instead of scream at the top of your precious little lungs?”
I’ll have to get back with you on how that’s working out. In the meantime enjoy her first claps to the tune of Flip Video’s Mango Mumbo jam.
and W becomes a toddler.
Seriously. Major milestones this past week.
- Lowered the crib after waking this morning to Waverly ‘sitting’ up in the crib playing with her bear and thinking about pulling up on the side.
- Completely weaned herself from breastfeeding. She’s done…on to bottles and big girl food only.
- Finger walking 24/7. All she wants to do. Forget toys…this girl wants to motor!
Last night Hub and I looked at each other after we put Waverly in bed and just said “When did this happen? How did she get so big so fast?”. So last night when W woke up a little fussy in the night we both took turns going in and rocking her…soaking up the baby cuddles she still gives out before she changes her big girl mind.